Aquagenix can provide delivery, installation, and maintenance of aquatic and wetland plants. Contact a representative today to schedule a consultation for aquascaping services in Florida, South Carolina, or Georgia.
Need Help Creating Visual Appeal & Boosting Aquatic Health With Pond Plants? We’re Here for You!
Determining which plants will thrive in and around your pond or lake can be a daunting task, as there is a diverse range of aquatic plants available, each with its unique requirements and benefits. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of planting vegetation around your body of water, turn to our experts for aquascaping services in Florida. As a trailblazer in pond, lake, and wetland maintenance for over 25 years, we understand the intricacies of Florida’s aquatic landscapes and will provide quality service, ensuring complete customer satisfaction. We plant and care for Florida’s aquatic plants throughout the following areas:
- Fort Myers, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Sarasota, FL
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- West Palm, FL
- Tampa, FL
- And Beyond!
Click here to download our Lake Management flyer.
The Top Benefits of Aquascaping
Our aquascaping professionals in Florida lean on their creativity and botanical knowledge to create an environment that is pleasing to the eye, beneficial for the fish, and perfect for the plants to grow to their full potential. When you work with our technicians, you can expect to enjoy the following benefits of our aquatic planting techniques:
- Erosion Control: Emergent plants around the shoreline help control erosion that is caused by currents and wave action. These plants also help stabilize the soil around the shoreline.
- Sediment, Pollutants, & Nutrients: Aquatic plants for ponds trap run-off from lawns, fields, and roadways, which keeps the sediment from entering the waterway. This buffer zone can also absorb excess fertilizers that have been applied to lawns and turf grass before they enter the waterway and create a disruption in the aquatic system. Aquatic plants also absorb pollutants, influence the supply of oxygen in the water, and utilize other nutrients in the water that would otherwise be used by algae, thereby improving water clarity.
- Provides Habitat for Fish and Other Wildlife: Freshwater aquatic plants provide shelter and habitat for insects and snails, thereby providing food for birds and fish. These plants also give small fish a place to hide from larger predators.
Aquatic Planting Services
We specialize in planting freshwater aquatic plants, tailoring each solution to the specific needs of your unique environment. Our team considers factors such as water depth, soil composition, and sunlight exposure to recommend and implement the most suitable plants for your pond or lake. Whether you’re looking to enhance the aesthetics of your water feature or promote a balanced ecosystem, our experts are here to guide you through the entire process.
The Best Aquatic Plants for Ponds in Florida
Florida’s climate offers a unique opportunity to cultivate a diverse range of aquatic plants. Our technicians pride themselves on staying at the forefront of industry knowledge, enabling them to recommend the best plants for ponds in Florida. Some of the top choices include:
These plants thrive beneath the water’s surface and help oxygenate the water, absorb excess nutrients, and prevent algae overgrowth. Common examples include tape grass, hydrilla, and fanwort.
These types of aquatic plants are rooted in the pond bed but have portions that extend above the waterline. They add vertical interest to the pond while providing habitat and cover for aquatic organisms. Cattails, rushes, and arrowheads are popular Florida aquatic plants that enhance the aesthetic appeal of ponds.
As the name suggests, these plants drift on the water’s surface without being rooted. They provide shade, reducing sunlight penetration and inhibiting algae growth. Bladderwort, coontail, and duckweed are examples of free-floating plants that also offer refuge for small aquatic organisms.
How We Plant Around Your Pond
Proper planting is crucial for the success of your aquatic landscape. When you turn to our team for aquascaping services in Florida, we will pay particular attention to the following factors:
- Sunlight Exposure: We will take note of areas that receive more sunlight versus those in the shade. Since different plants have varying sunlight requirements, we will strategically place them based on your area’s microclimates. This thoughtful placement ensures that each plant receives the optimal amount of sunlight, promoting robust growth.
- Plant Selection: A well-balanced ecosystem is achieved by incorporating a diverse range of aquatic plants. We will introduce a mix of floating, submerged, and emergent plants to cater to different wildlife and create visually appealing layers. This diversity not only enhances the aesthetic appeal of your pond but also provides varied habitats for aquatic organisms.
- Growth Habits and Spacing: Before planting, we will consider the growth habits of the pond’s aquatic plants. Some plants spread quickly, while others grow tall and upright. We will plan the layout of your pond’s vegetation, considering the eventual size of each plant. Adequate spacing prevents overcrowding, ensuring each plant has sufficient room to flourish without stifling its neighbors.
- Erosion Control: Shoreline erosion can pose a threat to the stability of your pond’s ecosystem. We will select plants with robust root systems to anchor the soil and prevent erosion. We can also help with any of your erosion repair needs before planting vegetation.
Ongoing Care for Your Pond’s Aquatic Plants
Maintaining the health and beauty of your aquatic plants goes beyond the initial planting phase. We offer comprehensive ongoing care services, including pruning overgrown or dead vegetation to maintain a well-groomed appearance. We also offer environmentally friendly weed control measures to manage and eradicate invasive weeds, ensuring they don’t compromise the integrity of your pond’s ecosystem.
Get Help Aquascaping Your Florida Pond Today
Enhance the beauty of your pond or lake with Aquagenix’s expert aquatic planting and aquascaping services in Florida. Whether you are in Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Orlando, Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm, or Tampa, FL, we will transform your aquatic space into a breathtaking showcase of natural beauty. In addition to planting, we can provide assistance with fish stocking, installing aeration systems and fountains, and more! Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable team.
Would you like to speak to an Aquatic Planting/Aquascaping Consultant?